Carter Collins Law, ESQ.
I guarantee that I will thoughtfully and aggressively represent you or your loved one. My trial, negotiating experience and reputation for tough, honest representation span more than two decades. I know how to investigate a case and consider every possible approach so that you can have the most options possible from which to choose a safe, beneficial way forward.
I have never done any sort of work but criminal defense. We will not be hurried, but rather will take the time we need to explore all of your options.
I promise to listen to you, to treat you with respect, to answer your questions and to return your phone calls. I look forward to meeting you. I hope that when you leave my office, you can feel more confident and hopeful; you can leave the worrying to me.
Areas of Practice:
- Criminal Appeals
- Gun and Weapon Offenses
- Fraud and White-Collar Crime
- Probation and Supervised Release Revocation
- Grand Jury Witnesses
- Federal Criminal Law
- Appellate Practice
- Habeas Corpus
- Criminal Law
- Drug Crimes
- Missouri, 1988
- Illinois, 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 1990
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2017
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri, 1988 J.D.
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award for Torts & Civil Procedure
- Law Review: Washington University Law Quarterly, Notes and Comments Editor, 1987 – 1988
- University of Missouri, St Louis, Missouri, 1985 B.A.
- Honors: University Scholar
- Major: English
- Rahn v. Hawkins, 464 F.3d 813 (8th Cir. 2006)
- United States v. Jones, 269 F.3d 919 (8th Cir. 2001)
- United States v. Dunlap, 28 F.3d 823 (8th Cir. 1994)
Honors and Awards:
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women’s Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Missouri Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Criminal Justice Act Defense Bar
Past Employment Positions:
- Hon. George F. Gunn, Jr. U.S. District Judge, Eastern District of Missouri, Law Clerk, 1988 – 1990
- Sonnenschein, Nath and Rosenthal, Associate, 1990 – 1991
- Assistant Federal Defender, Eastern District of Missouri, 1991 – 2001
Peer Review Ratings:
- AV Rating – Most current 2017
- AV Rating – Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
- Excellent Rated Attorney
Law & Schriener, LLC.
141 N. Meramec, Suite 314
“No one ever thinks they will be in this situation of needing a lawyer because your son was selling drugs. Carter was not the original lawyer my son hired. That lawyer was dishonest and we felt like we were sinking in quicksand. We didn’t know who we could trust or where to turn. Our son was in one of the county jails when he heard about Carter from another inmate. She made no promises but gave us confidence that she was on our side and explained every step of the way. For the first time in months we felt like we weren’t sinking in that quicksand. We weren’t asking for miracles but a fair defense for our son. She was by his side during the entire long process and updated us whenever anything changed. I don’t know what would of happened to my son and us if our paths had not crossed with Carter. She follows through and delivers.”
“I hired Attorney Law back in 2011 to handle my early termination of supervision. Ms. Law is the best lawyer I have ever seen. She took the bull by the horns and challenged the system from Eastern MO to South Texas. It as her due diligence on my case that help push my case threw the federal system.”
“Carter is amazing. She is patient and personable and people want to make her happy. She uses this enviable skill to achieve great things for her clients, whether it is before a jury or with a prosecutor. Her clients are some of the luckiest people in the St. Louis area.”
Debbie Champion, Lawsuits and Disputes Attorney
“I endorse this lawyer. A fierce and compassionate advocate who will leave no stone unturned in defending you against criminal charges.”
Kevin Schriener, Appeals Attorney