Kevin L. Schriener, ESQ.
My partner and I almost exclusively represent clients that have come into contact with the criminal justice system, either through investigation, pending charges, or convictions. We handle all aspects of the criminal process from pre-indictment to post-conviction.
My area of concentration is postconviction cases in both state and federal court. I have represented clients challenging their sentence, conviction or continued confinement in the United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Missouri, Southern District of Illinois, Northern District of Georgia, and Northern District of Indiana. I have also represented clients in Missouri challenging their convictions and sentences including clients sentenced to life without possibility of parole and to death.
In addition to my post-conviction work, I have represented clients charged with crime in both federal and state court at the trial level and on direct appeal.
- University of Missouri School of Law, J.D. 1988
- University of Missouri, B.A., Political Science, 1985
- Missouri Bar
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Missouri Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Missouri, 1988
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2013
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2013
- Partner at Law & Schriener, LLC. St. Louis, Missouri April 2005–present
- Senior Pro Se Staff Attorney at U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, St. Louis, Missouri May 1988–April 2005
- Habeas Corpus Law Clerk at U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, St. Louis, Missouri 1999–2000
Law & Schriener, LLC.
141 N. Meramec, Suite 314
“Mr. Schreiner is an excellent attorney who handled my case with exceptional care. Each time I called or emailed him he responded if not the same day then the next. I never felt like just another case file he handled my case like a friend of the family. I really appreciate his sound advice and him going above and beyond to assist me in my legal matters.”
“Mr. Schriener keeps abreast of both federal and Missouri state law, particularly with regard to habeas and criminal law issues. I always turn to him for advice on these matters and he tells me of the latest decisions by both state and federal courts that affect my practice of law. I know from what he tells me about his c cases that he often finds issues that other attorneys and even the judges or prosecutors have missed and then goes on to win relief for his clients. There is no better attorney around to handle habeas cases in particular. Since habeas cases depend so much on both state and federal criminal law, he has to keep abreast of the ever-changing laws and court decisions in this regard.”
“I endorse this lawyer. I have known Mr. Schriener many years. When I have a question about either federal or state habeas issues, in particular, he is my go-to attorney to ask questions of or to discuss my issue with. He keeps abreast of the changing court decisions more than I do and he knows the ins and outs of the Missouri and federal law on this issue. I wholeheartedly endorse him as an expert in this field.”
Andrea Smith, Criminal Defense Attorney
“I have known Mr. Schriener for many years, beginning when he worked for the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri, and since he went into private practice. Few attorneys in the St. Louis area half has as much experience as Mr. Schriener in habeas corpus. If you need an experienced attorney in state or federal court for appellate or post-conviction relief matters, I highly recommend Mr. Schriener.”
Ronald Eisenberg, Class Action Attorney